Best Southern Recipes for 2023
From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
Southern hospitality is alive and well at Callie's Hot Little Biscuit.
We've come up with the best Southern recipes for 2023 based on some of the most popular recipes on our website in 2022. If you haven't tried them already, you'll definitely want to make them in the new year!
- Mama's Sour Cream Pudding: More than 9,000 people viewed this recipe on our website in 2022, and there's a reason why. What's better than pudding? Pudding with sour cream and vanilla wafers, of course.
- Meeting Street Crab Dip: Straight from our Hot Little Suppers cookbook comes this delicious appetizer, perfect for Super Bowl Sunday or any day of the week. It was even featured on The Today Show!
- Pimento Cheese Shrimp and Grits: This one's as Southern as it gets. Combine grits, shrimp and pimento cheese, and you've got a recipe for a memorable Sunday afternoon, with the smell of garlic, onions and bacon wafting through the house.
- Cast Iron Buttermilk Cornbread: Bake up this skillet cornbread to pair with a delicious soup or as a side for any Southern meal.
- Southern Fried Green Tomatoes: Carrie's version of this classic Southern dish features a bit of pimento cheese. Use our Fiery Pimento Cheese if you want a little kick.
- Pomegranate Margaritas: This signature drink, inspired by Carrie Morey's friend Krysten's Persian feasts, is beautifully tart and sweet at the same time. Serve it during the holiday season or anytime you want to savor a delicious liquid treat.
- Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits: Indulge in this delicious handmade treat, made with our Shortcake Biscuit Mix. Don't forget to invite friends, family and neighbors to enjoy it with you.
- BLT Biscuit Sandwich: On a summer afternoon, this delicious yet simple sandwich is a meal in itself. Just be sure to source local, fresh tomatoes and peel them beforehand.
If you're looking for even more delicious Southern recipes, you'll find a treasure trove in Hot Little Suppers and Callie's Biscuits & Southern Traditions. Happy 2023!
Hot Little Tip
Follow Carrie on Instagram for a first glance at recipes!