Lemon Thyme Wings
From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup juice)
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- • 1/4 white onion, minced
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- • Garnish (optional): chopped green onions
Super Bowl parties are going to be looking a little different this year, but that doesn't mean we can't have amazing food at the small gatherings we'll be having! I'm a fan of crunchy, crispy wings with lots of flavor. This recipe for wings is so simple, tastes absolutely incredible, and they're so quick to prepare. It will be a fan favorite and they'll be gone in minutes... trust me.
- Combine the lemon zest and the juice, olive oil. garlic, onion, thyme, salt, and cayenne in a resealable plastic bag. Add the wings. Refrigerate overnight, and whenever you open the fridge, turn the bag to coat the wings.
- When you're ready to cook, preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Put the wings in a single layer in a baking pan or skillet and pour the marinade over them. Bake 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil. Broil the wings 3 minutes on one side, turn and broil 5 minutes on the other side, or until brown and crispy. Garnish with chopped green onions, if you wish.