Fried Fish Sandwich
From Carrie Morey's hot little suppers cookbook
- • 2 cups buttermilk
- • 4 slices fish
- • 2 cups of house autry seafood breading
- • 1 1/2 cup your fav frying oil, I like canola
- • Brioche buns, warmed
- • Pair with mayo or sriracha mayo and everything slaw
In season 2, episode 3 of How She Rolls, I show you the waterways that I grew up on and the culture behind the aquatic food we eat – specifically a fried fish sandwich. I have had so many requests for this recipe since this episode launched, so here it is!
Hot Little Tip: Become best friends with your local fishmonger and butcher!
Have a member of the family who doesn't like fish?
Check out the Fried Chicken Sammies recipe and fry both at the same time!
- Make your marinade by placing fish in a bag with 2 cups of buttermilk. Place in refrigerator to marinade for 1 hour.
- Once marinaded, liberally coat the buttermilk-soaked fish in House Autry seafood breading and place on rack until ready to fry.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of your favorite frying oil (I like canola) in pan and heat to 350 degrees.
- Place fish in pan and fry 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Serve on a warmed Brioche bun with Siracha Mayonnaise and Everything Slaw.