Your Guide to Southern Country Ham
From Carrie Morey's Hot Little Suppers cookbook
Country Ham Biscuits
- This sofi award-winning biscuit is a Southern delicacy. They cure country ham in salt, which makes these tender biscuits extra salty. Serve them at your next cocktail party – one order serves 9-10 people.
The biscuit that started it all!!
Callie, my mom, created these chopped country ham biscuits for a very specific reason. Guests often experienced the ham falling out of the biscuit when they took a bite at her catered parties. No one wants to be dressed in cocktail attire with a piece of ham hanging out of their mouth! So Callie made them distinctively different by finely chopping the ham in each biscuit.
Since 2005, Callie's Hot Little Biscuit has continued to make our country ham biscuits the Callie way. We use finely chopped artisanal Virginia country ham and house-whipped Dijon mustard butter, tucked inside our signature sharp cheddar biscuit. These ham and cheese biscuits make for a perfect cocktail hour d'oeuvre that one can eat in a lady-like manner!
Why we make "Hot Little Biscuits":
My Grandmama always said, "It's not ladylike to eat a big biscuit." Over the years, I have developed a deep appreciation for the power of a small biscuit. Neither Grandmama nor I could have imagined that our family tradition of small biscuits would turn into something so big.
Our biscuits are the perfect accompaniment to your weeknight suppers, holiday tables, and party appetizers. We have rounded up some delicious ideas on how to serve our Country Ham Biscuits!
- A Biscuit Bar is perfect for brunch. Let guests choose from a treasure trove of delicious toppings.
- Take your biscuit board to the next level with Jamie Tarence's How to Build a Fabulous Biscuit Board.
- Bring to a tailgate party for another variety of sandwiches to replenish with some nutrients. Check out our Tailgating Trade Secrets to learn how to travel with these biscuits.
- Create a tasty biscuit sandwich by using Edward's Country Ham, buttermilk biscuits, Pimento Cheese, and jam.
- Not sure if you can commit to buying 24 country ham biscuits? Try them in a 6-pack option in our Mix and Match bundle.